March 17, 2015

Red & White Pasta

This is like the best of both worlds right here- a pasta baked with marinara AND alfredo! It's my favorite casserole and is practically the definition of comfort food. Seriously, I always have seconds and still end up picking at the pan. There's no meat in it, but you could easily add ground beef or diced chicken. Casseroles are really hard to photograph so here's a before picture.


Bottom layer:
16 oz box penne, cooked and then mixed with one jar of spaghetti/marinara sauce
(I'm in love with Kroger's parmesan & romano pasta sauce- it's so, so good)
Spread the pasta/red sauce into a 9x13 dish

Top with white sauce:
4 T butter, melted in a pan
1 c. Evaporated milk (I've used milk tons and it's fine)
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 c to 1 c. Parmesan cheese (I use a Parmesan/Romano blend that I grate with my microplane)

Let white sauce simmer until it thickens a little, then pour evenly on top of noodle/red sauce mixture.

Top with 2 c mozzarella cheese, and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes, until bubbly and a little crispy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails