September 12, 2011

Lime Chicken Soft Tacos

(From allrecipes.com)

I've been making this for years but realized I have never posted it here! These are really fast, really flavorful chicken tacos. We love them. The kids especially like them made into quesadillas. I don't keep green onions on hand so I hardly ever add those, but otherwise I follow the recipe.

  • 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cubed
  • 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 lime, juiced
  • 1 teaspoon white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano

  • Saute chicken in a medium saucepan over medium high heat for about 20 minutes. Add vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, green onion, garlic and oregano. Simmer for an extra 10 minutes. Serve lime chicken mixture in warm tortillas topped with tomato, lettuce, cheese and salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails