December 3, 2010

Caramelized Brussels Sprouts with Pistachios


I know - Brussels Sprouts, ewe, right? WRONG! These are SO yummy and surprising well liked (or loved!!)

4 pounds Brussels sprouts
1/2 cup butter
2 red onions cut into strips
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 T white sugar (feel free to be a little more "generous" if needed :)
salt and pepper to taste
1/2+ cup coarsely chopped pistachios

Place Brussels sprouts in a steamer over boiling water. Cover and steam 8-10 minutes until tender, yet crisp. Melt the butter in a deep skillet and add the onions and 3 tablespoons of the vinegar. Cook until the onions brown. Cut the Brussels sprouts in half and add them to the onions. Add the sugar and remaining vinegar. Saute over medium heat until the Brussels sprouts are lightly caramelized. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with pistachios. YUMMY!!

1 comment:

Vili said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these!!! I am so glad I tried them the first time you made them for us. They were so good I hoped you would make it this year and I wasn't disappointed! If you are looking for something new to try, I highly recommend these!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails